Beginners Musical Theatre Jazz Course
How does the Musical Theatre Dance Course work?
Each week you will receive new lessons and videos to guide you through the program. Each lesson will add on skills form the previous week. You can take as much time as you want and re-do the lessons as many times as you want.
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for beginners, singers who can move, and dancers with some experience but who want to build more skills and confidence. If you are an absolute beginner, wonderful! This course will provide you with so many tools to get you started whether you want to just dance for fun or would like to audition for musicals. For those who are already out there performing, this course will help refine your skills and give you more confidence on stage. I will throw a lot of challenges your way but the beauty of an online course is you can repeat the classes over and over! And most importantly, this course is about having fun! Dancing is fun, especially musical theatre when you get to play lots of different characters.
What is in the course?
- WEEK 1: Jump right in! This week is an introduction class with warm up and routine to get you started and out of your head
- WEEK 2: Learn some jazz dance technique including plies, pointes, turns, kicks, and jumps
- WEEK 3: Develop your basic movement vocabulary. Once you have these movements under your belt, learning routines will be so much easier.
- WEEK 4: Learn some different styles and how to stylise dance movements
- WEEK 5: Applying character to movement. In Musical Theatre you often will be playing a character. It is important to know how to transmit this into movement.
- WEEK 6: Audition technique. Tips and tricks to give you more confidence in the audition room.
At the end of week 6 there will be a Live Facebook Class just for course members to answer any Q and A’s. (You will get an invite to join the Facebook Group closer to the course date)
When does the course start?
Monday the 6th Jan 2020 (AEST) is the kick off date.